Welcome to our full review of the TOPTRO TR22. Here we will show you all its technical features, advantages of use and everything you need to know about this model. We will also tell you how to connect it to the WiFi network and how to pair it with Bluetooth devices.
- 1 TOPTRO TR22: Key Features and Benefits
- 2 Best Accessories for TOPTRO TR22
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Pros and Cons
- 5 Specifications
- 6 What’s in the box?
- 7 How to connect the TOPTRO TR22 projector to a Bluetooth device
- 8 TOPTRO TR22 – How to mirror your Android and IOS devices via WiFi?
- 9 TOPTRO TR22 Netflix – How to watch Netflix and other apps on this projector?
- 10 Final Thoughts
- 11 Get the TOPTRO TR22 at the Best Price
TOPTRO TR22: Key Features and Benefits
- The TOPTRO TR22 has a native resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels (Full HD) and supports 4K Ultra HD playback.
- The lens of the TOPTRO TR22 is composed of 6 coated, high-precision lenses that improve the transmission of projected light, making it sharper and brighter than other projectors.
- The dust-proof optical engine technology of the TOPTRO TR22 prevents the generation of black spots on the lens.
- The TOPTRO TR22 has 460 ANSI lumens of brightness and an incredible 16000:1 contrast ratio providing vivid colours and sharp, high contrast images.
- The TOPTRO TR22 features 4D 4P horizontal and vertical keystone correction of ±50°, allowing you to adjust image distortion without worry.
- It also features a 50% – 100% zoom function that allows you to change the image size without moving the projector from one place to another.
- This projector comes with Bluetooth 5.1 which allows you to connect your headphones, soundbar and Bluetooth speakers.
- The TOPTRO TR22 includes dual band WiFi (2.6Ghz / 5Ghz).
- It has 2 USB ports, 2 HDMI ports, 1 AV port and a 3.5mm audio output, which will allow you to connect DVD or Blu-Ray players, laptops, Android TV Box, Apple TV Box, PS4, Xbox and many other devices.
- It has an advanced cooling system that reduces noise and yellowing of the screen. In this way, it also extends the lifespan of the device.
- It is also compatible with Chromecast, Roku and Fire TV Stick. This way you can access your favourite content on major streaming apps such as Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney Plus, Apple TV Plus, YouTube, Hulu, HBO Now and many more.
- With the TOPTRO TR22 you can set up a home cinema of up to 300 inches.
Best Accessories for TOPTRO TR22
Last updated on 2022-12-04 / Affiliate Links / Amazon Affiliate API Images
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I pair Bluetooth headphones or speakers with the TOPTRO TR22?
Yes, as it has Bluetooth 5.1.
- Is it compatible with Roku, Chromecast or Fire TV Stick?
Yes, the TOPTRO TR22 is compatible with these devices!
- Can this projector be connected to a 5G WiFi network?
- Can I watch Netflix from my phone with this projector?
Due to the copyright, it is not possible stream Netflix, Amazon Prime Video and other streaming services through the projector’s WiFi function or via USB cable, so to be able to stream Netflix content from your smartphone, you’ll need a USB C to HDMI cable for Android devices (smartphones and tablets that support MHL function), a Lightning to HDMI cable for iPhone and iPad, or via Chromecast or Fire TV Stick.
Pros and Cons
- Model: TOPTRO TR22
- Light source: LED
- Projection technology: LCD
- Native resolution: 1920 x 1080 px (Full HD)
- Maximum supported resolution: 4K Ultra HD
- Brightness: 460 ANSI Lumens
- Contrast: 16000:1
- Wireless connectivity: 5G WiFi / 2.4 GHZ (especially for screen mirroring from Android, iPhone or iPad, Windows and Mac devices).
- Bluetooth: 5.1
- Projection size: 50 – 300 inches.
- Projection distance: 1.5 – 6 metres.
- Recommended projection distance: 2.44 – 3 metres
- Aspect Ratio: 4:3 / 16:9
- Zoom (X / Y): 50% – 100%.
- Keystone Correction: 4D 4P ±50° horizontal and vertical
- Projection mode: Front / Rear / Ceiling.
- Focus: Manual.
- Built-in speakers: Dual stereo
- Dolby Sound: not supported
- Ports: HDMI x2 / USB x2 / AV / mini jack audio output (3.5mm).
- Chromecast, Fire TV Stick, Roku: compatible.
- Wired Android connection: MHL adapter – micro USB to HDMI (not included).
- Wired iPhone connection: Lightning to HDMI adapter (not included).
- LED lamp life: 160000 hours.
- Ceiling/wall mount supported: Yes.
- Dimensions: 26 x 22.76 x 11.8 cm
- Weight: 2.88 kg
What’s in the box?
- TOPTRO TR22 Portable Projector
- Remote control (without battery)
- User manual
- Power cable
- HDMI cable
- 3 in 1 AV cable
- Lens cap
- Cleaning cloth
- Cleaning kit
How to connect the TOPTRO TR22 projector to a Bluetooth device
Thanks to its inbuilt Bluetooth function you’ll be able to connect Bluetooth speakers, headphones, earbuds an earphone as well as iPhone headphones. Check the steps below to achieve it!
- Turn on the Bluetooth.
- Select “Speaker mode: shut down” if you want to connect the projector to an exterior Bluetooth device like headphones, speakers, and other output devices
- Select “Speaker mode: turn on” if you want to transmit the sound from your cell phone or other devices to the projector.
- Find your Bluetooth device and connect it. If it was successfully connected, you’ll see that the status bar on the bottom row shows “Play” status.
- That’s it. Enjoy!
TOPTRO TR22 – How to mirror your Android and IOS devices via WiFi?
How to connect and mirror Android devices with TOPTRO TR22 via WiFi.
- Go to the projector’s Menu and select the signal source “Android”.
- Turn on the WiFi on your Android device and wait for a few seconds till the WiFi networks be displayed.
- Select the projector’s WiFi network.
- Drag down the Quick Settings Menu of your Android smartphone and click “Wireless Projection”. (This function name may be different or there may be no this function at all. You can check this with your Android device provider).
- Select “TOPTRO-xxx” after scanning and wait a few seconds to be connected.
How to connect and mirror your iPhone or iPad with the TOPTRO TR22 via WiFi.
- Go to the projector’s Menu and select the signal source “IOS”.
- Turn on the WiFi on your iPhone/iPad and wait for a few seconds till the WiFi networks be displayed.
- Select the projector’s WiFi network.
- Go to iOS Control Center and choose “TOPTRO-xxx” from screen mirroring list.
TOPTRO TR22 Netflix – How to watch Netflix and other apps on this projector?
To be able to watch Netflix on TOPTRO TR22, as well as many other streaming services like Amazon Prime Video, Disney Plus, HBO Now, Apple TV Plus and Hulu, and apps like YouTube, you have several options:
- Chromecast, Fire TV Stick or Roku connected to the projector’s HDMI port.
- Android smartphone or tablet connected via USB C to HDMI cable to the projector’s HDMI port.
- iPhone or iPad connected to the projector’s HDMI port through a Lightning to HDMI cable.
- Laptop, MacBook, PC or Mac connected to the HDMI port.
- PS3, PS4, Nintendo Switch or Xbox One connected via HDMI to the projector’s HDMI port.
- Via Android TV Box or Apple TV Box connected to the HDMI port.
- Nvidia Shield TV o Shield TV Pro connected to the HDMI port.
The TOPTRO TR22 is an excellent projector with 460 ANSI lumens of brightness and a great contrast ratio of 16000:1. Thanks to this, it offers a very interesting visual experience, with vivid colours and high contrast. It also has dual band WiFi (2.4G / 5G) and Bluetooth 5.1 so you can enjoy a home cinema up to 300″ with as few cables as possible.