BOMAKER GC557 is a small but powerful projector with a lot of interesting features and a huge list of benefits. All of these combined with its affordable price makes it one of the best options when choosing a home cinema projector.
In this post, we’ll review it deeply and show you all of its features and technical specs. Let’s go!
- 1 Specifications
- 2 What’s in the box?
- 3 BOMAKER GC557 vs YABER V2
- 4 BOMAKER GC557 WIFI Projector: Main Features and Benefits
- 5 BOMAKER GC557 vs BOMAKER Parrot I
- 6 BOMAKER GC557 vs BOMAKER GC355
- 7 BOMAKER GC557 vs VicTsing WiFi
- 8 BOMAKER GC557 vs VANKYO Leisure 470
- 9 BOMAKER GC557 vs JINHOO PJ0555
- 10 BOMAKER GC557 vs Elephas RD606
- 11 BOMAKER GC557 Netflix – How to watch Netflix and other apps on this projector?
- 12 Frequently Asked Questions
- 13 Recommended accessories for BOMAKER GC557
- 14 BOMAKER GC557 WIFI Projector Best Deals
- Model: BOMAKER GC557
- Display Technology: LCD
- Light source: LED
- Wireless connection: WiFi dual band (2.4GHz – 5GHz)
- Miracast & Airplay: supported
- Native Resolution: 1280 x 720 px (HD)
- Max Resolution: 1920 x 1080 px (Full HD)
- Brightness: 6000 lumens
- Contrast ratio: 2000:1 (dynamic)
- Keystone Correction: vertical +-15º (manual)
- Focus: manual
- Screen size: 35 – 300 inches
- Aspect ratio: 16:9 / 4:3 / 16:10
- Projection modes: front / rear
- Projection distance: 1,5 – 3,5 m (4,9 – 11,5 ft)
- Optimium projection distance / screen size: 2 – 2,50 m (6,6 – 8,2 ft) / 80 – 100 inches
- Cooling system: dual fan with heat dissipation technology.
- Fan noise: 45 – 55 dB
- Built-in Speakers: 3W dual stereo
- Dolby Digital (AC-3): not supported.
- Connection terminals: HDMI / AV / VGA / USB / SD card slot / 3,5mm mini jack audio out
- Chromecast & Fire TV Stick: supported.
- Tripod installation & wall or ceiling mounted: supported
- Video format: PEG, BMP, PNG : MP4, MPEG1, MPEG2, MPEG4, H264, MOV, FLV, Vc1, DivX
- Lamp life: 50000 hours.
- Power Supply: 100V-240V-50/60Hz
- Dimensions: 22 x 17 x 9 cm (8,7 x 6,7 x 3,5 in)
*Some specs could vary slightly from one country to another.
What’s in the box?
- BOMAKER GC557
- HDMI cable
- 3 in 1 AV cable
- Remote control (battery not included)
- Power cable
- User manual
BOMAKER GC557 vs YABER V2
BOMAKER GC557 WIFI Projector: Main Features and Benefits
- Very good option if you’re looking for a portable, compact and wireless projector. It has a great potential and offers a very good picture quality compared with other projectors in the same price range.
- Say goodbye to the cables! You will be able to easily connect your favourite devices without wires, such as a laptop and smartphones Android or iOS thanks to its fast and easy to pair WiFi connection. Also, this projector supports Miracast and Airplay functions which allow to connect the Android and iOS devices and mirror the screen in just a few seconds, which is perfect to watch movies, videos, TV series or even to project PPT quick and easy.
- It offers a great viewing experience thanks to its brightness level and its contrast ratio. The 6000 lumens of brightness and the 2000:1 contrast rate is enough for supplies clear and sharp images, even in a lit room, although works better in dark ones. In addition, it should be noted that the contrast is dynamic, so it adjusts automatically as the movie or video plays, to turn the dark areas darker and the light ones brighter.
- Its image quality is very good, especially considering the price as it provides an HD (720 pixels) native resolution and supports Full HD (1080 pixels) content.
- This wireless projector offers a multiple connection terminals as well. It is equipped with HDMI, VGA, AV, USB, SD card slot and audio out 3,5mm which allow to connect a lot of devices, such as game consoles, external speakers, Android TV Box, pen drive, external hard drive, SD card, DVD / Blu-Ray player, tablets, and many more. Also, it supports Chromecast & Fire TV Stick. You definitely have a lot of options in order to watch movies at home, whether wirelessly or wired.
- This projector has high quality built in speakers. These 3W dual stereo speakers are enough to watch a movie at home, so you won’t need to connect an external speakers. Anyway, if you think you need ones more powerful, you always have the option to connect them.
- Another very valuable features are the cooling system with dual fan and heat dissipation technology, low noise level of about 45 dB – 55dB, a +-15º keystone correction angle and the lamp life about 50000 hours.
- Bomaker GC557 is easy to use, easy to set and offers an excellent value for money.
BOMAKER GC557 vs BOMAKER Parrot I
BOMAKER GC557 vs BOMAKER GC355
BOMAKER GC557 vs VicTsing WiFi
BOMAKER GC557 vs VANKYO Leisure 470
BOMAKER GC557 vs JINHOO PJ0555
BOMAKER GC557 vs Elephas RD606
BOMAKER GC557 Netflix – How to watch Netflix and other apps on this projector?
To be able to watch Netflix on BOMAKER GC557, as well as many other streaming services like Amazon Prime Video, Disney Plus, HBO Now, Apple TV Plus and Hulu, and apps like YouTube, you have several options:
- Chromecast, Fire TV Stick or Roku connected to the projector’s HDMI port.
- Android smartphone or tablet connected via USB C to HDMI cable to the projector’s HDMI port.
- iPhone or iPad connected to the projector’s HDMI port through a Lightning to HDMI cable.
- Laptop, MacBook, PC or Mac connected to the HDMI port.
- PS3, PS4, Nintendo Switch or Xbox One connected via HDMI to the projector’s HDMI port.
- Via Android TV Box or Apple TV Box connected to the HDMI port.
- Nvidia Shield TV o Shield TV Pro connected to the HDMI port.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does it support 3D?
No, it doesn’t support 3D projection.
- Can this be ceiling mounted?
Yes. It supports ceiling mounted and tripod installation. You can use an universal mount or put the projector on an adjustable stand. (See all the recommended accessories for this projector below)
- How to connect with an Android device wirelessly?
It’s very simple. Firstly, you have to enter to a device’s wireless & networks setting. Then click the WiFi:”Mirroring-xxxx”, insert the password “12345678” and click “Connect”. Lastly, open a Miracast function such as “Wireless Projection” on android device and click the projector name: “Mirroring-xxxxxx” to connect.
- How to connect with an iOS device wirelessly?
Just follow these steps: Click “Screen Mirroring” option on iOS device, open “Mirroring-xxxx” and click “Connect”.
- Can I connect my MacBook?
Yes, you can. There are two ways to achieve it: Screen Mirroring or HDMI cable.
- Is the projector Bluetooth?
No, it isn’t. If you would to connect Bluetooth devices, such as an external bluetooth speakers, you will need to plug in a Bluetooth transmitter.
- Does this support WiFi dual band (2.4GHz – 5GHz)?
Yes, it does.
- What is the wireless distance range?
It is about 5 metres.
- Which is the optimum projection distance & screen size?
It’s 2 – 2,50 m (6,6 – 8,2 ft) & 80 – 100 inches
- Do I need a projection screen?
It certainly improves the viewing experience, so if you can buy a projection screen, do it! You can find a good one below.
- Does this projector have battery built in?
No, it doesn’t.