VANKYO Leisure 430 is a mini and budget-friendly projector which ensures a great viewing experience. It offers many valuable features and benefits that you can find on this full review!
- 1 Specifications
- 2 What’s in the box?
- 3 VANKYO Leisure 430: Main Features and Benefits
- 4 VANKYO Leisure 430 vs Vamvo L4200
- 5 VANKYO Leisure 430 vs YABER Y60
- 6 VANKYO Leisure 430 vs WiMiUS P30
- 7 VANKYO Leisure 430 Netflix – How to watch Netflix and other apps on this projector?
- 8 Frequently Asked Questions
- 9 Recommended accessories for VANKYO Leisure 430 Projector
- 10 VANKYO Leisure 430 Best Deals
- Model: VANKYO Leisure 430
- Display Technology: LCD
- Light source: LED
- Native Resolution: 800 x 480 px.
- Max Resolution: Full HD (1920 x 1080 px)
- Brightness: 3800 lumens
- Contrast ratio: 2000:1
- Keystone Correction: vertical ±15º
- Screen size: 40 – 236 inches
- Projection distance: 1,5 – 8,6 m / 4,92 – 28,21 ft
- Recommended viewing size & distance: 80 inches / 3 m (9,84 ft).
- Aspect ratio: 16:9 / 4:3 / Auto
- Projection modes: front / rear / ceiling.
- Focus: manual
- Cooling system: dual fan with heat dissipation technology and noise supression system.
- Fan noise: low
- Built-in Speakers: 3W dual stereo Hi-Fi
- Dolby Digital (AC-3): not supported.
- Connection terminals: HDMI / USB 2.0 / AV / VGA / SD card slot / audio output 3,5mm mini jack
- Chromecast & Fire TV Stick: supported.
- Android device connection: MHL cable (not included)
- iPhone device connection: Lightning to HDMI adapter (not included)
- Ceiling mounted: Yes
- Suitable for use in presentations: No.
- Video format: AVI/MP4/MKV/FLV/MOV/RMVB/3GP/MPEG1/MPEG2/H.264/XVID
- Audio format: ACC/MP2/MP3/PCM/FLAC/WMA
- Image format: BMP/JPG/PNG/GIF/JPEG
- Lamp life: 50000 hours.
- Power Supply: 100V-240V-50/60Hz
- Dimensions: 22 x 17 x 9 cm / 8,7 x 6,7 x 3,5 in
- Weight: 1,22 kg / 2,68 lb
*Some specs could vary slightly from one country to another.
What’s in the box?
- VANKYO Leisure 430 Mini Movie Projector.
- AV cable.
- HDMI cable.
- Power cable.
- Carrying bag.
- Remote control.
- User manual.
VANKYO Leisure 430: Main Features and Benefits
- This VANKYO projector surprises with its great brightness and contrast features at a really attractive price.
- Its 3800 Lumens of brightness and its 2000:1 contrast ratio, allow you to get crystal clear, bright and colorful images on a big screen with up to 236 inches.
- It offers a great picture quality, which is surprisingly good, even though its native 480 px resolution. In addition, it supports 1080p resolution so you can watch Full HD movies or videos and play games as well.
- The inbuilt 3W Hi-Fi dual stereo speakers provide an average sound quality which is enough to enjoy a fun movie night without using external speakers. However, the sound quality will improve greatly by connecting much better ones, especially if you want to project outdoors.
- Provides a powerful cooling system with dual fan, the noise is low and not annoying at all.
- Multiple ports such as HDMI, USB, AV and 3,5 mm audio output ensure the connection with your favourite devices: laptop (Windows or Mac), pen drive, external hard drives, TF card, TV Box, DVD or Blu-Ray player, tablets, game consoles, external speakers, and many more. It also provides an SD card slot so you can insert an SD card directly into the back.
- Chromecast and Fire TV Stick are supported so you can mirror your phone wirelessly and get access to plenty of apps.
- It is a portable projector, it is easy to transport in its carrying case with many pockets and includes everything you need to set it up in less than a minute.
VANKYO Leisure 430 vs Vamvo L4200
VANKYO Leisure 430 vs YABER Y60
VANKYO Leisure 430 vs WiMiUS P30
VANKYO Leisure 430 Netflix – How to watch Netflix and other apps on this projector?
To be able to watch Netflix on VANKYO Leisure 430, as well as many other streaming services like Amazon Prime Video, Disney Plus, HBO Now, Apple TV Plus and Hulu, and apps like YouTube, you have several options:
- Chromecast, Fire TV Stick or Roku connected to the projector’s HDMI port.
- Android smartphone or tablet connected via USB C to HDMI cable to the projector’s HDMI port.
- iPhone or iPad connected to the projector’s HDMI port through a Lightning to HDMI cable.
- Laptop, MacBook, PC or Mac connected to the HDMI port.
- PS3, PS4, Nintendo Switch or Xbox One connected via HDMI to the projector’s HDMI port.
- Via Android TV Box or Apple TV Box connected to the HDMI port.
- Nvidia Shield TV o Shield TV Pro connected to the HDMI port.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is it recommended for office presentations?
No, it’s not. This is due to the fact that the resolution is pretty low for documents.
- How do I connect my Vankyo projector to my Android phone or my iPhone?
Your Android devices should be connected via an MHL cable (your device must support MHL function). If you have an iPhone or an iPad you will need a Lightning to HDMI adapter. You can connect it wirelessly by use of Chromecast as well.
- Can I watch Netflix from my iPhone?
Yes, you can (Also from your Android devices) via the adapters listed above.
- Does it have Bluetooth?
No, it doesn’t but you can connect Bluetooth devices via Bluetooth transmitter.
- What is the optimal viewing distance and screen size?
The optimal projection distance & size is 3 m (9,84 ft) to get a 80 inch screen.